Little Buildings (1st edition)
General info and comments
This mini-expansion has been developed primarily for the Carcassonne basic game.
- 18 building tokens: 6 towers, 6 houses, and 6 sheds
Distribute the 18 new buildings evenly among all players. In the four- or five-player game, put the excess buildings back into the box.
Placing a little building
All three types of buildings are equivalent.
The active player executes his or her normal actions during this turn. If the player is not able, or willing, to deploy a follower on the landscape tile, he/she can instead place one of the new little buildings on that tile.  Put this building on the just-placed tile in such a way that no information is covered, if possible.
The building is not associated with either a structure or a field on the tile, instead it affects the entire landscape tile.
A building remains on the placed tile until the end of the game, and gives points for several structures and farms.
Scoring a feature
If a road, city, cloister, or farm is scored,  each of the new buildings located on a landscape tile of the structure or the farm scores 1 additional point. These points are added during the scoring after all the others.  When cloisters are scored, all buildings on adjacent tiles (within the cloister area) are included in the count.
The points for the buildings are awarded at the final scoring as well.
The building types have different values:
• Towers → +3 points • Houses → +2 points • Sheds → +1 point
While distributing the tiles, make sure that each player gets the same number of each building type.
Total Tiles: 0 (18 Little Buildings)
Each token presents some graphical variations.
For Icons licensing and explanation please visit Icons page.
- Thus, instead of placing a follower, a player can place a little building. If the player places a little building, he or she cannot move the fairy. If the player moves the fairy, he or she cannot place a little building.
The interpretation of these rules leads to consider the applicability of little buildings to other features that can be completed and scored. Therefore, during the game and after the game, the bonus would benefit the following features:
- All monastic buildings:
- Special monasteries with a monk: German monasteries, Dutch & Belgian monasteries and Japanese buildings
- Darmstadt churches
- German castles
- German cathedrals
- Baba Yaga's hut
- Field scoring for Famine sector of Wheel of Fortune
- Field scoring when a barn is placed
- Field scoring when connecting to a field with a barn
- Field scoring at the end of the game
- Barn scoring at the end of the game
- Special monasteries with an abbot would not benefit from this scoring bonus.
- All features scored as a result of a Message would also benefit from this scoring bonus.
- The points from the little buildings are still considered part of the score for the primary feature, just added after other modifications (such as inn/cathedral and mage/witch). Points from the little buildings are not a separate scoring event for the purposes of robbers, messages, and the teacher. (10/2014)