- 1 General info and comments
- 2 Contents
- 3 Rules
- 4 Tile distribution
- 5 Footnotes
General info and comments
With this mini-expansion, you'll send your Meeples to the barber surgeon's. A bathhouse had several purposes during the Middle Ages. You could take a bath sharing the latest gossip, as well as enjoying a highly professional medical treatment. Of course, your Meeple will be enjoying his time in the bathhouse, so he won't be able to help you. To get him back there are various possibilities ...
- 6 new Land tiles with bathhouses marked with expansion symbol.
Shuffle the 6 Bathhouses tiles and select as many as needed according to the number of players.
Now, shuffle the right number of Bathhouse tiles with the rest of the Land tiles. Put the unneeded Bathhouse tiles back into the box.
This expansion has been developed for the Carcassonne basic game. All of the rules remain the same.
With this expansion you can score more points when scoring cities or roads with bathhouses, but your meeples can be attracted by bathhouses forcing them to stay there.
Scoring bathhouse points
1. Placing a tile
When you draw a Bathhouse tile, you place it according to the normal rules.
2. Placing a meeple
After having placed a Bathhouse tile, you have to (if you can) place your Meeple according to normal rules, i.e. you can place him on a road, in a city or on a field. However, you cannot place the Meeple on the bathhouse itself.
3. Initiate scoring with bathhouse
Visiting a bathhouse after scoring
After scoring a feature
If there is only one Meeple involved in scoring a feature  and if there is at least one free bathhouse, instead of returning the Meeple to your hand, you must place your Meeple sideways in (any) one of the free bathhouses (or in the only free bathhouse) immediately after the scoring. You score the feature as usual before doing so.
Respect the following rules:
- A bathhouse is free if there is no Meeple in it
- If there are several free bathhouses, you can choose in which one you place your Meeple
- If there are several Meeples involved in scoring a feature, all Meeples are returned to the players' supply (even if all Meeples belong to one player) - no meeple is placed in a bathhouse
- If there is no free bathhouse, you get your Meeple back
- If there are several features scored (by placing one single land tile) you have to consider the order in which the features are scored - the player who placed the land tile decides the order in which the scoring is carried out, as this may affect which meeples are placed in free bathhouses (if applicable).
Leaving the bathhouse
There are two possibilities to get back a Meeple that has been placed in the bathhouse.
1. Completing a bathhouse
Getting back a Meeple from the bathhouse for free.
If a player places the last Land tile surrounding a bathhouse (the same way you complete monasteries), the Meeple placed in the bathhouse can be taken back immediately and for free. The returned meeple does not score any points when returned.
- If you place a Meeple in a bathhouse which is already surrounded by 8 Land tiles, you cannot get him back for free.
- If you realize that there is still a Meeple in a bathhouse which was completely surrounded in a preceding round, you are not allowed to take him back for free anymore.
2. Buy your meeple back
To get back your Meeple you can also pay with points. The number of points you lose depends on the number shown on the respective bathhouse (3, 4 or 5). Move your Meeple back on the scoring board. You are allowed to have less than 0 points.
You can buy a Meeple back after having placed a land tile. You are allowed to place this Meeple in the same round.
If a Meeple leaves the bathhouse, the bathhouse is free again and ready to welcome another Meeple.
Total Tiles: 6
For Icons licensing and explanation please visit Icons page.