General info and comments
With this mini expansion tollkeepers join the game. Even in the past, tolls were raised for people or for goods. They used to collect a "small toll" (for means of transport) or "large toll" (for goods).
This expansion has been developed for the Carcassonne basic game. All the basic game rules still apply in addition to the expansion rules below. You can combine it with other expansions - but at your own risk – that is, there will be no official rules for these combinations.
- 10 land tiles, 8 of them with a group of travellers.
- 6 tiles with tollhouses in the respective player color.
Shuffle the 10 land tiles with the rest of the land tiles. Then, each player gets the tollhouse with the right color.
Total Tiles: 10
Total Tollhouse Tiles: 6
For Icons licensing and explanation please visit Icons page.
- The rules don't take into consideration any tollhouses placed on other crossoads ending the road. This means a road ending at several crossroads allows players to place their tollhouses on any of available free crossroads even if any of the other crossroads was already occupied by other players' tollhouses.
- This scoring for tollhouses is especially designed for Carcassonne II. There is no official clarification about how tollhouses are scored for tiles with Carcassonne I artwork.
- Tollhouses may be scored taking into consideration the little farmhouses present on road tiles.
- The term "farmhouse" is used instead of "farm", as in the original rules, in order to be consistent with the naming used in the base game and The Markets of Leipzig.
- The term "shed" is used instead of "stable", as in the original rules, in order to be consistent with the naming used in The Markets of Leipzig.