Wind Roses (1st edition)/it
Informazioni generali e commenti
Re-released in Spielbox with slight modifications in 2013.
- 6 new land tiles with wind roses
- Orange wind rose with starting tile back
- 4 quarter-wind roses with normal back
- Blue wind rose with normal back
The following rules relate to the Hans im Glück version. Rules variations for the Spielbox version follow.
Instead of the normal starting tile, the orange wind rose tile is used as the starting tile.
The remaining 5 tiles with wind roses are mixed in with the normal landscape tiles.
This expansion has been developed for the Carcassonne basic game. All of the rules remain the same.
Posizionare una tessera
The Orange wind rose
The starting tile divides the playing area into four sections (NO [NE], SO [SE], SW, NW). For each of these sections there is an associated landscape tile.
The 4 Quarter wind roses
If a player draws one of the 4 tiles with a quarter-wind rose and, using the normal rules, places it in the corresponding section, he or she immediately receives 3 points.  These points are independent of any other scoring.  The fields in the horizontal and vertical rows of the starting tile are a part of two sections. The Wind Roses do not affect the features in any way (e.g., they do not disrupt any roads).
The Blue wind rose
If the tile with the blue wind rose is drawn, it will be placed using the normal rules. The blue wind rose now, and for the rest of the game, takes over the function of the orange starting wind rose. That is, the playing area will now be divided into four sections.  in accordance with the blue wind rose. As a result, entirely new directions of the cardinal points arise. Players earn points when they now play more wind rose tiles following the orientation of the blue wind rose.
Spielbox Version - rules variance from Hans im Glück version
The tiles in the Spielbox version of this expansion are marked only with N and S; the other two directions are not labeled on the Windroses themselves. Thus, the rules are changed as follows:
The starting tile divides the playing area into two sections (N and S); each of these sections has two new landscape tiles associated with it. The spaces in the horizontal row of the starting tile are part of two sections.
Posizionare un meeple
Place a meeple according to the normal rules. You cannot place a meeple on any part of the Wind Rose.
Scoring a feature
If a Wind Rose tile completes a feature when it is placed, it is scored as normal.
There is no additional scoring at the end of the game with the Wind Rose tiles.
Hans im Glück (Carcassonne-on-Tour) Version (2012)
Total Tiles: 6
Spielbox Version (2013)
Total Tiles: 6
For Icons licensing and explanation please visit Icons page.
- A more precise translation of the German would be The Compass Roses, as this is the English term for the symbols featured in this mini-expansion. However, Wind Roses seems more poetic, so that’s what I’m going with.
- This is an option. Player may put it in any other place, but is not rewarded with 3 points in that case.
- The 3 points are scored as soon as the tile is placed, before the “Move Wood” phase. (updated 5/2014)
- Since the points are scored by themselves, and scoring of Wind Rose points occurs before there is any scoring of completed features, they could presumably trigger taking of a Message tile (see The Messages (Dispatches)). This may interrupt the turn but does not cause loss of other phases of the turn. (updated 5/2014)
- This is "two sections” in the Spielbox rules, in accordance with the differences described above. (11/2013)