Le cattedrali in Germania (1° edizione)
Informazioni generali e commenti
This mini expansion, containing 6 well-known cathedrals in Germany, gives the players the opportunity to gain a respectable number of points with the help of archbishop and thieves. 
- 6 nuove tessere paesaggio che mostrano cattedrali tedesche.
Each of the 6 cathedral tiles has 3 or 4 roads segments starting from the cathedral. 
Shuffle the six new Land tiles showing the cathedrals with those from the base game. This expansion has been developed for the Carcassonne base game and its rules still apply .
Posizionare una tessera
Quando peschi una tessera paesaggio contenente una cattedrale, posizionala secondo le regole usuali.
Deploying a follower
After placing a Land tile showing a cathedral, you may place one of your meeples on it according to the normal rules. You may place it on a road, in a farm, or on the cathedral as archbishop.
Punteggio per una strada chiusa
Special rule when scoring a road
Unlike the rules of the base game, for a road starting and ending on the same Land tile showing a cathedral, you count and score each road segment separately.
Punteggio per una cattedrale
The cathedral itself can only be scored once all roads leading to it are closed. The archbishop gives you points for all these roads - 1 point for each road tile. The 3 or 4 road segments on the cathedral tile are counted separately. 
Note: A road starting and ending at the cathedral, is counted as one road, which will be scored once.
After scoring, you take your meeple back, as usual.
At the end of the game unfinished roads leading to cathedrals and unfinished cathedrals give you points. Thieves and archbishops give you one point for each road tile leading to the cathedral (road segments on German Cathedral tiles are counted separately.)  
Locande e cattedrali
When using Inns and Cathedrals, for each closed road with an Inn  that leads to a cathedral, you get 3 instead of 2 points for each road tile, and 2 points instead of 1 for your archbishop.  Unfinished roads at the end of the game are still worth 0 points. This applies to the thief as well as the archbishop. 
La principessa e il dragone
When using The Princess and the Dragon the dragon eats the archbishop when the dragon moves onto a Land tile showing a cathedral.
Distribuzione delle tessere
Le cattedrali in dettaglio
Cologne Cathedral (North Rhine-Westphalia)
Cologne cathedral counts among the biggest gothic cathedrals in the world. Its foundation stone was laid down in the 13th century but it was finished only in the 19th. Today, Cologne Cathedral is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. www.Koelner-dom.de
Frauenkirche (Munich, Bavaria)
The Frauenkirche in the capital of Bavaria was built in the late Gothic style. As early as 1494 it was consecrated as place of worship. With its towers that stand at almost 100 meters tall it is characteristic of the skyline of Munich. www.muencher-dom.de
Dresden Cathedral (Saxony)
The Frauenkirche in Dresden was built in baroque style between 1725 and 1743. During WWII it was badly hit by Allied air raids and collapsed in the morning of February 15th, 1945. Rebuilding began in 1994 and was completed 11 years later. www.frauenkirche-dresden.de
St.Michael's Church (Hamburg)
The protestant main church, Saint Michael called "Michel" ("Mike"), is the most famous church in Hamburg and a landmark of the Hanseatic town. It counts as most important baroque church in northern Germany and is dedicated to the archangel Michael whose huge bronze statue stands above the main portal. www.st-michaelis.de
Ulm Minster (Baden-Wurttemberg)
The Ulm Minster was built in Gothic style and has the tallest church tower in the world (161.5m). Its foundation stone was laid in 1377 when Ulm was still mostly catholic. Today it is Germany's biggest Protestant church building. www.ulmer-muenster.de
Aachen Cathedral (North Rhine-Westphalia)
During a period of 600 years, 40 German kings were crowned in Aachen Cathedral - its construction started in 796. In 1978 the cathedral was the first German cultural heritage to be included in UNESCO's world heritage list. www.aachenerdom.de
Per la licenza e informazioni riguardo le icone visitare Icone.
- The original rules use terms employed in the new edition: "highwayman" instead of "thief" and "field" instead of "farm." We are using the terms common to the 1st edition for the sake of consistency. This switch can be explained by the release date of this expansion, since it was coexisting with the new edition at that time.
- Authors Note: Of course, the real cathedrals are located within their cities. We wanted to make the distinction since cathedrals already played a part in the first expansion Inns and Cathedrals. Thus, the cathedrals in this expansion are standing in the farms and fulfill their own function. We are also aware that no cathedrals and archbishops exist in the Protestant church. We simplified the names for easier reading. Thank you for understanding.
- Question: If you play with German Cathedrals and Cult Places, do the German Cathedrals act as a kind of monastery? Answer: No, there is no interaction as there is between monasteries/cloisters and cult places
- Question: If a road starts at one German Cathedral and ends at a different German Cathedral is the scoring of the road still 2 points per road tile? Answer: Yes, still 2 points per road tile. German Cathedrals do not stack. (3/2016)
The following table summarizes the various scoring cases. Take into account that road segments on a German Cathedral are counted separately and get the same points as any road tile:
Feature Completed normal road Completed road with Inn(s) Uncompleted normal road Uncompleted road with Inn(s) Scoring during the game Road leading to Cathedral 2 points / tile 3 points / tile – – Archbishop on G. Cathedral 1 point / tile 2 points / tile – – Scoring after the game Road leading to Cathedral – – 1 point / tile 0 points / tile Archbishop on G. Cathedral 1 point / tile 2 points / tile 1 point / tile 0 points / tile
Any other bonus points applied to road scoring such as the Wainwrights quarter bonus (See The Markets of Leipzig) or the Mage (see Mage and Witch) still consider the number of road tiles as usual including the German Cathedral tiles. Therefore road segments on German Cathedrals are not considered separately.
This paragraph has been updated to reflect the original meaning of the HiG rules. The official clarifications provided indicated that:
- Thieves on unfinished roads are scored as usual, that is, taking into account the majority.
- Archbishops on unfinished cathedrals get 1 point per tile from all the finished and unfinished roads leading to the cathedral.
- Inns do no stack: If more than one Inn is present on a road, the road still scores 2 points for each road tile.
- Archbishops score 2 points per road tile on a finished road with an Inn both during the game and after the game. (4/2016)