General info and comments
This expansion doesn't exist for the 1st edition (C1 for short) or the 2nd edition (C2 for short).
This expansion has cities with clipped buildings.
- 12 land tiles with a drawbridge at each city gate.
Shuffle the 12 new land tiles with the rest of the land tiles.
New land tiles
Note: Ditches or moats do not represent a boundary. The fields extend right up to the cities.
- Meeples on a road that can be moved into a city by using a drawbridge that is down:
- Figures on a road that cannot be moved into a city by using a drawbridge that is down:
- The meeple on a road -to be moved into a city- can be on any tile of the road or its bridges (Exp. 8 - Bridges, Castles & Bazaars), and even on roads connected by tunnels (The Tunnel), ferries (Mini #3 - The Ferries), roundabouts (Exp. 5 - Abbey & Mayor, Exp. 7 - The Catapult, The Signposts, Spiel Promo 2018) or labyrinths (The Labyrinth).
- The meeple moved into the city can be placed on any tile of the city. This may be relevant when playing with the dragon (Exp. 3 - The Princess & the Dragon), towers (Exp. 4 - The Tower), the plague (The Plague), or the Change Position gift card (The Gifts), and so on.
- Note: The meeple can only be placed on city segments. Any monasteries within the city cannot be occupied (Exp. 3 - The Princess & the Dragon, Exp. 8 - Bridges, Castles & Bazaars).
- A road sending a meeple into a city can be completed by the placement of a tile (including abbeys from Exp. 5 - Abbey & Mayor), by the movement of a ferry (Mini #3 - The Ferries) or by the placement of a tunnel token (The Tunnel).
- The movement of a meeple into a city cannot trigger actions such as:
- The movement of a meeple into a city can trigger actions such as:
- Trapping the meeple by Vodyanoy (Russian Promos).
- After scoring, a player with a wagon placed on a road ending at a drawbridge which is down can choose only one of the following actions:
- Remove their wagon.
- Move the wagon to an adjacent tile as stated in the rules of Exp. 5 - Abbey & Mayor.
- Move the wagon into the incomplete city, no matter its distance to the city.
- The wagon can perform only one of these actions and cannot combine the two possible movements.
- Any meeples deployed on a road from the city of Carcassonne may also be moved into an incomplete city if the drawbridge conditions are met.
- The movement of meeple into cities takes place before the scoring of the big top.
- Any ghosts assigned to a meeple on a road will return to the general supply before moving the meeple into a city.
- A meeple protected from peasant revolts will be stay protected if moved into a city.
- When moving a meeple into a city you may pay 4 points to place it protected.
For Icons explanation and licensing please visit Icons page.
- Sharing the majority on a road will not allow any of the tied players to send a meeple to a city with its drawbridge down. A player needs to have the majority alone on the road to be able to send a meeple to a city.
- Unless Hans im Glück approve this bonus outside 2. Placing a meeple.