Saint Nicholas Scoring Board
Main Page ✎ > Carcassonne ✎ > Saint Nicholas Scoring Board
General info and comments
Saint Nicholas Scoring Board was released by Hans im Glück for the new edition. It was sold by cundco.de exclusively on Saint Nicholas Day in 2016. It was a limited edition of 150 items.
- 1 Saint Nicholas scoreboard
- Two scoreboard spaces are marked with stickers:
- Space number 6 has a Santa Claus hat.
- Space number 24 has a Christmas tree.
The scoreboard is also signed by Klaus-Jürgen Wrede.
Use the Saint Nicholas Scoring Board instead of the normal scoreboard.
1. Placing a tile
Whenever you draw a tile, place it normally.
2. Placing a meeple
You may place a meeple according to the usual rules.
3. Scoring a feature
If your scoring meeple moves to (or exceeds) the 6 space as last player or the 24 space as first player (spaces are marked with a sticker), you will immediately get an additional turn. 
This means, that after this scoring phase, you immediately draw another tile and take another turn. Once your action is finished it's the next players turn. 
If multiple features score due to the placement of a tile, the active player decides in which order these scores will be carried out. (Thanks to Fritz_Spinne)
If one or more players fulfill one of the conditions above, each of them earns an extra new turn. These extra turns take place sequentially in clockwise order starting with the player to the left of the active player. After all these extra turns are performed, the original next player's turn will take place. (Thanks to Fritz_Spinne)
If a meeple simultaneously fulfills both conditions above, its owner will be granted two extra moves. (Thanks to Fritz_Spinne)
If a meeple simultaneously fulfills both conditions above, its owner will be granted only one extra move. (Thanks to Fritz_Spinne)
If the active player meets one of the conditions above and, at the time, he expanded a road or city with his builder, the active player first completes his builder's move, after which the extra turn granted by the Saint Nicholas scoreboard will take place. Any additional turns granted during the builder's turn will be carried out afterwards. (Thanks to Fritz_Spinne)
As all players have a scoring meeple and a messenger, if a player moves the first of his counting figures last to (or exceeds) the 6 space (all other players already have a counting figure behind the 6 space) or moves the second of his counting figures first to (or exceeds) the 24 space (no one else has two counting figures there) of the scoreboard, the player immediately receives an extra turn train. It does not matter if the counting figure is the counting meeple or the messenger. (Thanks to Fritz_Spinne)
During scoring a feature, any points stolen by a robber on the scoreboard can trigger the condition that grants an extra turn. (Thanks to Fritz_Spinne)
For Icons explanation and licensing please visit Icons page.
- ↑ If several players comply with the condition when scoring a feature, they all could benefit from the extra turn.
- ↑ As per the rules, the additional turn consists in a full turn happening right after the active player's current turn (even if it involves a builder's turn), that is, right before the following player becomes the new active player. As a consequence, additional nested turns happening due to dispatches (see The Messages (Dispatches)), tile auctions (see Bridges, Castles and Bazaars) or builders in nested turns (see Traders and Builders) will be completed as usual.