Main Page ✎ > Fan Expansions ✎ > The Wells (Fan Expansion)
Please note that WikiCarpedia is not responsible for the content of the links provided. The listed expansions are subject to the regulations of the corresponding websites.
In general, however: The use of the fan expansions for commercial purposes is not allowed. The Fan-Expansions may only be produced for personal use and may not be sold at any time. This also explicitly includes the passing on at cost price.
General info and comments
The Wells fan-expansion was released by Carcassonne Central member meepleater (with assistance by Novelty).
The tiles and rules files are available here:
- C1 version on Carcassonne Central (please register to access):
- C2 variants and other expansions that uses Wells on Carcassonne Central (please register to access):
- 12 new land tiles depicting wells along the road.
Tile with a road with two wells
Shuffle the Wells tiles together with the land tiles of the basic game.
When you draw the Wells land tile, you place it according to the normal rules.
When you place the Wells land tile, you may place a meeple on it according to the normal rules.
Note: It is not allowed to place a meeple on the well as it is not feature it selves.
Each tile in a completed road is worth as usual 1 point. In addition, each well is worth 1 point.
Example 1: You score 7 points for this road, since there are four tiles and three wells.
Each incomplete road is worth 1 point per tile, and 1 point per each well just like during the game.
Exp. 1 - Inns & Cathedrals ✎ :
- When a player completes a road with one or more inns, the scoring player(s) receive 2 points per each well on this road (instead of the usual 1 point per well).
- During final scoring, incomplete roads with an inn on them do not score any points, including no points for wells.
Exp. 5 - Abbey & Mayor ✎ :
- The well on this roundabout tile also grants the bonus.
Roundabout with a well
Exp. 8 - Bridges, Castles & Bazaars ✎ :
- When scoring a castle, you score bonus points for any wells on roads. The points for wells are part of the scoring of the road.
- A bridge placed on a tile with wells does not receive points for them.
Castle Lords ✎ :
- The location of the Wells on the road is irrelevant for the score of the Castle Road, because score for the Wells is added after calculating the score for the completed Castle Road.
Total Tiles: 12