Jump to navigation Jump to search
Main Page ✎ > Publishers ✎ > Z-Man Games
Z-Man Games is a board game company incorporated in 1999. The headquarters is in Mahopac, New York, United States, near New York City. It is named after its proprietor, Zev Shlasinger although there may be an allusion to "zeman," the Hebrew word for "time".
Its productions include:
- the collectible card game, Shadowfist (the primary reason that the company was formed was to bring this back into publication)
- a B-movie card game series consisting of games such as Grave Robbers From Outer Space and Cannibal Pygmies in the Jungle of Doom
- translations of European games such as Agricola, Neuroshima Hex! and Ursuppe
- translations of non-European games, for example, Shadow Hunters (Japan)
- original designs such as 1960: The Making of the President
- Arimaa, an abstract strategy game
- Gheos, a game where players take on the role of deities
- Omlevex, a role-playing supplement for Mutants & Masterminds, Champions, and Silver Age Sentinels
- Pandemic, a cooperative board game
- Start Player by Ted Alspach, a card game to determine who goes first in the following game
- Carcassonne: as of 2012, Z-Man Games has been publishing this game's English version in the US.
- Endeavor, a complex strategy game edited by Z-Man Games in 2009
- The Walking Dead, a board games based on the comic of the same name, released in 2009.
- Terra Mystica, by Jens Drögemüller and Helge Ostertag, a board game that won the 2013 International Gamers Award - General Strategy: Multi-player Winner.