Inns and Cathedrals
General info and comments
- 18 landscape tiles (identified with symbol), including 6 inns and 2 cathedrals.
- 8 Meeples (8x pink) and 1 abbot (pink). This new set of pawns allow you to play with 6 players
- 6 large meeples
- 6 Points tiles 50/100
Shuffle the new landscape tiles in with those from the basic game and stack them normally. Each player adds the large meeple of their color to their supply.
Inns & Cathedrals
The Large Meeple
Clarifications for new landscape tiles
Total tiles: 18
Several tiles have a small illustration on them. The letters in brackets show which illustration is on each tile:
Total points tiles: 6
For Icons licensing and explanation please visit Icons page.
- When Big Box 6 is concerned, the sixth set of pink meeples and points tiles are part of the basic game and is described there. Big Box 6 contains 8 points tiles instead of 6.
- Question: Am I allowed to place cathedrals in other players' cities? Answer: Yes, that is allowed, and is particularly useful towards the end of a game, when it can strip a large city of an opponent of points. The same goes for roads with inns.
- A player with a big meeple DOES NOT score twice as many points. The big meeple is dealt with in exactly the same way as two normal meeples; for two meeple in a city, on a road, or on a farm, you only earn points once. The only function of the big meeple is to obtain the majority more quickly. For example, in a cloister the big meeple earns precisely the same number of points as a smaller meeple.
- Question: [If captured by a tower,] is the ransom for the big follower doubled? Answer: No: he may be big, but he's still only one person.