I barbieri chirurghi
Main Page ✎ > Carcassonne ✎ > I barbieri chirurghi
Informazioni generali e commenti
Originariamente pubblicato da Hans im Glück nel 2018 durante l'Essen Spiel.
With this mini-expansion, you'll send your meeples to the barber surgeon's. A bathhouse had several purposes during the Middle Ages. You could take a bath sharing the latest gossip, as well as enjoying a highly professional medical treatment. Of course, your meeple will be enjoying his time in the bathhouse, so he won't be able to help you. To get him back there are various possibilities...
With this expansion you can score more points when scoring cities or roads with bathhouses, but your meeples can be attracted by bathhouses forcing them to stay there.
This expansion has been developed for the Carcassonne basic game. All the basic game rules still apply in addition to the expansion rules below. You can combine it with other expansions - but at your own risk – that is, there will be no official rules for these combinations.
- 6 new Land tiles with bathhouses marked with expansion symbol.
Shuffle the 6 Bathhouses tiles and select as many as needed according to the number of players.
Now, shuffle the right number of Bathhouse tiles with the rest of the Land tiles. Put the unneeded Bathhouse tiles back into the box.
Scoring bathhouse points
1. Placing a tile
When you draw a Bathhouse tile, you place it according to the normal rules.
2. Placing a meeple
3. Initiate scoring with bathhouse
Having finished a city with a bathhouse, you score as usual. In addition to the normal points, the owner of the city gets the number of points shown on the banner (3, 4 or 5). If there are several bathhouses in a scored city, add all the bathhouse points in it.
The same applies to roads with bathhouses.
Bathhouses will provide no bonus points to features scored after the game. 
Visiting a bathhouse after scoring
3. After scoring a feature
If there is only one Meeple involved in a scoring  and if there is at least one free bathhouse, instead of returning the Meeple to your hand, you must place your meeple sideways in (any) one of the free bathhouses (or in the only free bathhouse) immediately after the scoring.  You score the feature as usual before doing so.
Respect the following rules:
- A bathhouse is free if there is no Meeple in it
- If there are several free bathhouses, you can choose in which one you place your meeple
- If there are several Meeples involved in scoring a feature, all Meeples are returned to the players' supply (even if all Meeples belong to one player) - no meeple is placed in a bathhouse
- If there is no free bathhouse, you get your meeple back
- If there are several features scored (by placing one single land tile) you have to consider the order in which the features are scored - the player who placed the land tile decides the order in which the scoring is carried out, as this may affect which meeples are placed in free bathhouses (if applicable).
No meeples will be moved to any free bathhouse during the final scoring. 
Leaving the bathhouse
There are two possibilities to get back a Meeple that has been placed in the bathhouse.
1. Completing a bathhouse
Getting back a Meeple from the bathhouse for free.
If a player places the last Land tile surrounding a bathhouse (the same way you complete monasteries), the Meeple placed in the bathhouse can be taken back immediately and for free. The returned meeple does not score any points when returned.
- If you place a Meeple in a bathhouse which is already surrounded by 8 Land tiles, you cannot get him back for free.
- If you realize that there is still a Meeple in a bathhouse which was completely surrounded in a preceding round, you are not allowed to take him back for free anymore.
2. Buy your meeple back
To get back your meeple you can also pay with points. The number of points you lose depends on the number shown on the respective bathhouse (3, 4 or 5). Move your meeple back on the scoring board. You are allowed to have less than 0 points.
You can buy a Meeple back after having placed a land tile. You are allowed to place this Meeple in the same round.
If a Meeple leaves the bathhouse, the bathhouse is free again and ready to welcome another Meeple. 
Clarifications for new landscape tiles
|The bridge does not end the roads displayed on it, nor does it combine them; the road with the bathhouse continues from left to right, while the other continues from top to bottom. The roads split the field into four separate fields.|
✎ General comments
- If there is only one meeple involved in a scoring, it may go to a bathhouse even if it scores 0 or negative points:
- A mayor scoring 0 points for a city without coats of arms or a castle may go to a bathhouse (Exp. 5 - Abbey & Mayor ✎ )
- A meeple with ghosts scoring 0 or even negative points may go to a batthouse (Exp. 11 - Ghosts, Castles & Cemeteries ✎ )
- A meeple scoring 0 points for a feature due to the active scoring tiles may go to a batthouse (The Land Surveyors ✎ )
Exp. 3 - The Princess & the Dragon ✎
- The fairy can be assigned to a meeple trapped in a bathhouse. The player may receive the fairy 1-point bonus at the beginning of their turn but may not receive the fairy 3-point scoring bonus when the meeple is taken back for free or bought back by its owner. In this case, the fairy will prevent the dragon from visiting the bathhouse tile.
- The dragon can eat a meeple trapped in a bathhouse.
- If a meeple is sent to a bathhouse on a tile with the dragon, it will eat the meeple automatically.
- A meeple cannot be sent to a bathhouse with a magic portal.
- If a wagon is alone on a feature and scores, it will go to an empty bathhouse, if any. If it is not possible, the wagon will be allowed to move to another valid feature if its owner decides so.
Note: If you cannot remove the wagon after scoring due to a bathhouse, you will not be able to move it either.
- A wagon cannot move from a completed feature to an empty bathhouse after scoring. Bathhouses cannot be occupied like a normal feature.
- A wagon trapped in a bathhouse cannot move to a neighboring feature when the bathhouse is completely surrounded. The wagon can only return to its owner, if the player remembers to take it back (for free at this point). A completely surrounded bathhouse is not associated with a normal scoring.
Mini #1 - The Flying Machines ✎
- A meeple cannot be sent to a bathhouse with a flying machine.
Per la licenza e informazioni riguardo le icone visitare Icone.
- ↑ The rules only consider the bathhouse bonus when scoring completed roads and cities. Incomplete features would not get bathhouse bonus points.
- ↑ This rule would only affect actual meeples: normal meeples, large meeple, abbot, wagon, mayor, ringmaster, and phantom. Other player's figures on the playing area are not considered: pig, builder, barn, and shepherd.
Note that this action would affect those scorings of features from any player (not only the active player) with one meeple taking place in phase 3. Scoring a feature -those scorings where meeples are returned to their owners after scoring a completed feature or a field during the game. However, it would not affect the scoring of bonuses or those scorings taking place in other phases (or not removing meeples). Some examples:
- A farmer may go to a bathhouse when scoring its field during the game due to a barn.
- A meeple receiving a watchtower bonus will not go to a bathhouse for the bonus itself (it may go only as a consequence of the scoring of the road or city it occupies).
- An abbot removed and scored in 2. Placing a meeple will not go to a bathhouse.
- Scoring a feature when receiving Message #8 will not send the chosen meeple to a bathhouse, since it is not a regular scoring taking place in 3. Scoring a feature.
- Scoring the big top with only one neighboring meeple would not send it to any empty batthouse.
- ↑ The rules consider this action applies when scoring features completed during the game as a result of a tile placement.
- ↑ This other meeple can be any meeple from any player, even the same meeple that just left the bathhouse.