La ruota della fortuna (1° edizione)
|You are reading rules for this design of tiles.
|This standalone playable expansion was not published in other editions.
|If your tiles have different design, then choose game from Spin-offs.
Informazioni generali e commenti
The precise status of this set is difficult to define, as it is both a stand-alone game and an expansion. That is, it contains enough pieces and figures to be used instead of the basic game, but it could also be used along with it. For example, it contains a scoreboard and 40 followers in 5 colors. Those who consider it to be ‘too much of a stand-alone' game might consider just using the 19 tiles with Wheel of Fortune icons. The rules are identical to the basic game, except for those noted below.
- 72 land tiles, 19 of which have Wheel of Fortune icons
- 1 Wheel of Fortune (4x4 tiles)   
- 1 big pink pig
The Wheel of Fortune tile is placed in the middle of the table. The big pig should be placed on the ‘fortune' section of the wheel, its nose pointed to the right. This tile is also the starting tile, which land tiles must be connected to at the beginning of the game (and may be later as well). All land segments on this tile count towards scoring as usual.
Posizionare una tessera
a) The player must draw a new land tile. If a tile with a Wheel of Fortune icon is drawn, the appropriate actions are performed (see below). 
b) Il giocatore deve posizionare la tessera paesaggio.
Deploying a follower
If a player has not placed a follower on a land tile, he or she may place one follower on any free crown space on the Wheel of Fortune. No more than one follower may be placed on a crown space.
Tessere ruota della fortuna
When a player draws a land tile with a colored Wheel of Fortune icon, it should be placed in front of him- or herself. Then the following actions occur:
- 1. The big pig is moved around the wheel sectors the same number of times as shown on the icon.
- 2. The events of the Wheel of Fortune are performed
- 3. Followers on crown spaces are scored and returned
- 4. The land tile is placed and a follower may be deployed (in other words, the turn continues as normal)
1. Move the pig
The player moves the big pig forward as many wheel segments as the number on the tile which was drawn. The pig is always moved clockwise around the wheel.
2. Perform events
The Wheel of Fortune has six sectors. Each represents a distinct event. Only the sector on which the big pig ended its movement is activated. The fortune event affects only the player whose turn it is, while the others affect all players.
The player whose turn it is receives 3 points.
Every player receives points for his or her knights.  For each knight, the player earns 1 point for each pennant in the city, plus 1 point for each of his/her knights in the city.
For each of his or her farmers,  every player receives 1 point for every completed city on his or her farm.  Unlike farmer scoring at the end of the game, a player does not need to have a majority on a farm to score these points. 
Every player receives 1 point for every follower currently in his or her supply. 
Every player receives 2 points for each monk he or she has on the table. 
|Plague / Pestilence / Pest
Every player must return 1 follower from a land tile to his or her supply. Followers may not be removed from a crown space. The player whose turn it is removes a follower first, and the other players follow in a clockwise order.
3. Score followers on crown spaces
Now the crown spaces in the active sector are scored. Followers on segments which the pig passed are not scored and remain where they are.
4. Complete the turn
Now the player whose turn it is may place the land tile and deploy a follower to it as he or she wishes. The follower may also be deployed (again) to a crown plinth on the Wheel of Fortune.
Starting tiles 
The original version of Wheel of Fortune included a Wheel that included text and a brief description of what each sector did. In Big Box 5, that version of the Wheel was replaced with one that didn’t have to be translated, but required players to look at the instruction manual to figure out what each icon meant. Interestingly, the Big Box 5 rule book included a slightly different version of the Wheel than was ultimately produced, as the ambiguous sack was converted into 3 coins.
Regole della casa
- Do not use the Wheel of Fortune as the starting tile, placing it instead to one side (for example, next to the scoreboard). The principle benefit of this is to preserve the integrity of the playing area, since every other visible feature is at least semi-realistic. You might also consider turning the tile over and using the more abstract design on the reverse.
- Tiles with underlined values exist in several forms that vary only by the number in the Wheel of Fortune icon
- Tiles with italicised values are those which originate in other expansions
Dalla descrizione originale del prodotto:
"Carcassonne: Das Schicksalsrad (Wheel of Fortune) is both a full replacement for the base game of Carcassonne and an expansion to the original base game. It includes 72 tiles, consisting of 63 tiles released in the original base game, 6 from Inns and Cathedrals, 1 from Traders and Builders and 2 from King & Scout."
Big Box 5 tiles:
In Big Box 5, not all Wheel of Fortune tiles have the wheel symbol on them. Because Big Box 5 also includes the (full) base game, any tiles that were identical between the 2 sets (ignoring numbered wheel symbols) do not have the wheel symbol even if they have a numbered wheel symbol. If playing the base game, the players are instructed to ignore the numbered wheel symbols. The only tiles with the wheel symbol are those which are entirely different from the ones in the base game, although some of these do not have a numbered wheel symbol.
The overall distribution in Big Box 5 is:
- No Wheel Symbol: 9x, all with expansion symbol – (none of these belong to the standard Carcassonne base game.)
Per la licenza e informazioni riguardo le icone visitare Icone.
- The dragon can fly around the outside of the Wheel of Fortune, treating the landscape areas as normal tiles and eating any followers on those tiles. Followers on the Wheel of Fortune itself are unaffected. This represents a notable change from previous FAQs. (10/2012)
- Followers can be deployed to Wheel of Fortune tiles on features outside the Wheel of Fortune, for example through use of a magic portal or as a flier. (1/2013)
- Given new interpretations regarding placement of the dragon and followers on features outside the Wheel of Fortune, it seems that the plague should also be allowed on the outside portion of these tiles. However, this is unofficial. (1/2013)
- Note that the Wheel of Fortune icon interrupts the first phase of the turn (drawing and placing the landscape tile). The Wheel of Fortune event thus occurs before there is consideration for tile placement. Hence, even if the landscape tile cannot be played and is ultimately discarded, the Wheel of Fortune event will have already occurred anyway. (10/2014)
- Any follower that is placed in a city, including the Mayor or a Wagon, is considered to be a knight.
- Barns do not receive a score for Famine. Barns are not followers, so they are not farmers. (5/2013)
- Additional bonus points for pig, pig herd, and castles are also given. (confirmed 5/2013)
- This sentence, first found in Big Box 5, represents a change from previous versions. Previously, only a player with a majority on the farm was allowed to score the points. (12/2014)
- Opponent's followers captured by towers are not part of a player's supply (they are just placed in front of the player). Therefore, captured followers should not be considered for the Storm action.
- Heretics receive no points. Shrines and all other monastic buildings (cloisters, abbeys...) are treated equally, but points are awarded for the role of the follower. Monks only exist in cloisters, abbeys, German monasteries, Dutch and Belgian monasteries, Japanese buildings and Darmstadt churches.
- Question: Does the rim of the Wheel of Fortune end a road? Answer: Yes, the road ends / starts at the rim of the Wheel of Fortune. (10/2015)